PTC applications are deployed on VMs. The objective of the test is to try different scenarios for sensors connected to Kepware Server or Kepware Edge running on an industrial gateway with ThingWorx connectivity to ensure high availability of the configuration.
Note: A simulator was used for better coverage, but this test can be performed with live sensors.
- Deploy PTC ThingWorx on a VM on a three-node VxRail cluster and Kepware Server or Kepware Edge on industrial gateway.
- Set up Kepware Server or Kepware Edge and ThingWorx connectivity and monitor data ingest from Kepware-connected Modbus simulator to ThingWorx.
- Turn the Modbus simulator status on and off and verify that ThingWorx is reporting the status correctly.
- ThingWorx quickly detects the disconnected tag and reports it on the dashboard.
- ThingWorx reports when the simulator connected to the industrial gateway stops responding. The dashboard update depends on the type of simulator and refresh rate. ThingWorx eventually detects the connectivity issue between Kepware and the simulator and reports it.