Test case 17: Backup and restore ThingWorx persistent database
PTC ThingWorx database is deployed on VMs. The objective is to test backup and restoration of ThingWorx persistent database on the same or different database server.
- Perform a backup of the PTC ThingWorx database. Backup procedure depends on the type of database, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or InfluxDB.
- Delete database from the server and restore from backup or restore on a newly installed database server.
- Verify that all data is on the database and check ThingWorx-to-database connectivity.
- Database is restored successfully for each type of database.
- ThingWorx can perform read and write operations to the restored database.