Test case 14: PTC VM live migration when ESXi node shuts down - local MS SQL persistence DB
PTC applications are deployed on VMs. The objective of the test is to evaluate PTC VM live migration if an ESXi node shuts down due to hardware or other failures.
- Initiate a hard boot of an ESXi server while PTC applications are functioning. See ESXi node powered down for setup details.
- On the vSphere client, observe the state of the VMs supported by that ESXi server.
- Monitor edge data aggregation on PTC ThingWorx and Kepware Server throughout the process.
- When the ESXi node is shut down, VxRail with VMware vMotion migrates the VMs to another available node.
- PTC applications continue to run, and data aggregation is not impacted.