Test case 13: Standby PTC Kepware Server setup for HA and DR
PTC applications are deployed on VMs. The objective of the test is to create clones of the PTC Kepware application VMs for quick restart if the source VM goes down.
- Create the clone of the Kepware Server VM using the VxRail vSphere client clone mechanism. See PTC application clone for retention for setup details.
- Deploy the clone and start Kepware Server on the clone.
- Port the license to the new VM. See the PTC support documentation listed in References for details.
- Cloning of an existing Kepware Server simplifies creation of copies of working VM instances of PTC applications for long-term retention and preservation of point-in-time copies.
- These clones can be easily instantiated to bring up the application stack with no application-level recovery effort.
- Such configurations help improve RPO and RTO for Kepware Server.